WiFi at UVA
Connect Mac OS X to the eduroam Wireless Network
Before You Configure for eduroam WiFi...
Requirements to Connect
Connect Mac OS X to eduroam WiFi
- Click on the Apple icon at the top of the screen. From the dropdown menu select
System Preferences. Click on Network. Highlight your
Wifi Service on the left. Click on the Advanced button. Click the + button.
- In the box which appears, enter the following:
- In the Network Name field, type eduroam (lowercase).
- From the Security field, select WPA2 Enterprise.
- From the Mode field, select EAP-TLS.
- From the Identity field, select the personal certificate labeled with your
name (i.e., Mike Turner) with the highest number next to it.
- Leave the Username field empty.
- Click OK and that box closes.
- Click OK again.
- Click Apply.
- Click the Allow button if you receive the message: eapolclient wants to change
access permission of the "private key" item in your keychain. Do you want to allow access to this