UVA Proxy Service
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Frequently Asked Questions about the Proxy Service
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the Proxy Service
- What browser do I need to use with the proxy service?
The proxy service uses EZproxy,
which is browser independent, i.e., all browsers
should work and require no special configuration.
- Does using the proxy service slow down my Web browser?
- Using the proxy service does impact browsing speed, but it's barely noticeable.
- Will I need to switch my browser proxy settings back and
forth every time I go on or off-Grounds?
- No, the proxy service automatically recognizes your connection to the UVA network.
- Who can access the proxy service?
Faculty, staff, and students of the University of Virginia in Charlottesville
may use the proxy service, which requires NetBadge to
- How do I request that a resource be added to the list of resources
available via the proxy service?
- You can request that a website be added by contacting the
UVA Help Desk.
- Who may request that a site be added to the proxy service list?
- Any individual with the authority to control access to restricted materials can
request a site be available for proxy. This should be explicitly addressed in contracts
for commercial services before a request is made. Students must ask a sponsoring faculty
member to make a proxy request on his or her behalf, and the faculty
member assumes accountability for ensuring compliance with all licensing restrictions
of the resource.
- Which network ports need to be open in firewalls to allow use of the proxy service?
- Ports 80 and 443