Mobile Devices at UVA
Configure an iOS Device for UVA’s LDAP “People Search”
Why Connect Your iOS Device to UVA’s LDAP?
If you configure your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch for the University of Virginia LDAP (Lightweight Directory Access Protocol) “People Search,” you can use your device to search for public information on anyone affiliated with the University in the UVA People Search Directory. Members of the UVA community may request that this information be kept private; if so, it is not available in the Public LDAP or UVA People Search.
Configure Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch for UVA LDAP
- Before you begin, make sure you have updated your device with all available operating system updates and patches from your vendor. Download any available updates for your device from the Apple website or iTunes.
- From the Home screen of your device, tap Settings, i then Mail, Contacts, Calendar, then Add Account...
- On the Add Account screen, choose Other.
- Select Contacts: Add LDAP Account.
- In the specified fields:
- In the Server: field, type ldap.virginia.edu
- Leave the User Name and Password fields blank.
- In the Description: field, it will default to ldap.virginia.edu.
- Tap Next.
- You will get an alert box stating that you Cannot Connect Using SSL. This is acceptable. Tap Continue. All other information will be entered by the software.
- Tap Save.
How to Use UVA’s LDAP “People Search” on Your iOS Device
To search for someone in the online UVA People Search Directory from your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch, or to send an email message to them by adding their UVA email address to the To: line of an email:
- From the Home screen of your device, tap Contacts.
- Go to Groups, scroll to the bottom of the screen, and you will see the UVA LDAP.
- Search as needed.