UVA Centralized Exchange Service
Logging In & Out of the Outlook Web Interface (OWA)
THIS PAGE CONTAINS INFORMATION ABOUT AN ITS LEGACY SYSTEM AND IS NO LONGER MAINTAINED.
This page, documenting the now-legacy UVA Centralized Exchange Service will be available on ITSWeb until Jan. 15, 2018, after which date it will be removed.
Outlook Web App (OWA) provides easy access to your UVA Exchange account anywhere you have an Internet connection and a Web browser.
Access Your UVA Exchange Account Via the Outlook Web App (OWA)
Before You Start: Requirements
Before attempting to log into Outlook Web App (OWA), you must:
- have a UVA centralized Exchange account. (Don't have an account yet? See how to get started with Exchange.)
- know your Eservices/Exchange password. (Don't know this password? You can (re)set it.)
- have an Internet connection and a Web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox, etc.). OWA is viewable in any Web browser, but Internet Explorer provides the most features.
How to Log Into Outlook Web App (OWA)
- In your Web browser, go to the Outlook Web interface, known as OWA, at https://mail.eservices.virginia.edu.
- Choose your desired Security: level. Select:
- This is a public or shared computer if you are on a computer in a public setting. The timeout for these sessions is short to ensure privacy and security.
- This is a private computer if you are on a computer in a private setting, where you are the sole or primary person using the device or computer. The timeout for these sessions is longer.
- Check the box next to “Use the light version of Outlook Web App” only if:
- you require maximum accessibility, such as for users who are blind or have low vision;
- you’re on a very slow Internet connection; or
- you’re using a computer with unusually strict browser security settings.
- Log in:
- In the Eservices\user name: field, type: eservices\ followed by your UVA computing ID (e.g., eservices\mst3k).
- In the Password: field, type your Eservices/Exchange password. (If you don’t know it, you can (re)set it.)
- Click the Sign In button.
How to Log Out of OWA
When you have finished working with your UVA Exchange account in OWA, remember to click the Sign Out link in the top right corner, and to close your Web browser, for maximum privacy and security.