UVa Email Address Management System (AMS)
Managing Your UVa Email Address(es) & Aliases with the AMS
If you have a UVa email address, you may use the UVa Email Address Management System to manage your UVa email address, including requesting email aliases and directing where you want your UVa email messages delivered.
Using the UVa Email Address Management System (AMS)
How to Use the AMS to...
- Manage Your Deliverable Addresses
- How to add email addresses to the system (including both UVa email accounts and external, non-UVa email accounts), so you can have your UVa email delivered to any email account you desire; and
- How to delete deliverable addresses you’ve added to the system.
- Manage Your Email Aliases (& Create Your Primary Address)
- How to create your primary email address (i.e., your UVa computing ID@virginia.edu) and associate it with a deliverable address;
- How to request an email alias and associate it with a deliverable address;
- How to delete an email alias you’ve created.
Helpful Information about the AMS
- About UVa Email Aliases & Addresses:
- the number and type of aliases permitted for UVa students, alumni, faculty, and staff.
- Frequently-Asked Questions (FAQs):
- What’s an “email alias?” Why would I want one?
- How do I request an email alias?
- How do I set a forward or change where I read my UVa email?
- How do I check my UVa email account?
- What’s the difference between @virginia.edu and @email.virginia.edu?
- How many email aliases may I have? Do I get to keep them for life?
- What’s a quarantine? What’s a lockout?
- View more...